Monday, April 9, 2012
The Drunken Show From Hell - Margot & the Nuclear So & So's - Brillobox - 4.7.12 - Concert Review
Saturday night, full moon, 1 a.m. and out come the crazies. It's been a while since I have been at a show where a majority of the crowd is incredibly inebriated. But this was that show. Now, others might have had a different experience, but in my corner it was a drunken nightmare. However, let's start this off from the end.
Here is Richard Edwards, who appears to had a few himself trying to sing the coda. Most of the crowd had dispersed and three VERY talkative girls made there way to the stage. And this is what transpires:
RE = Richard Edwards
:17 - drunken girls - (sarcastically) 'I can't believe you touched him, oh my god'
:22 - RE - 'This MF is about to punch me in the nose'
:39 - drunken girls - 'Oh my god, I love this song' (sarcasm)
1-1:30 - drunken girls - random talk loudly over a mellow song
1:48 - RE - 'Shut the Fuck Up' (to cheering)
2:10 - RE - Throws beer at the girls and says 'Shut the fuck up' again
2:11 - drunk girls - 'You shut the fuck up'
2:40 - RE - Throws beer at girls again from stage (to cheers)
:01 - 4:07 - drunk girls - Talking Loudly
Yeah, it was that kind of night. Down in my corner we were standing next to a young, super nice couple who had made the trip from Fairfield, WV. When the show started two drunk guys pushed there way to the stage and proceeded to stand in front of said couple. We ask them to let the girls see since they were much shorter and had been standing there for 30 minutes. No response. We move girls in front of drunk guys. A lot happened but here is a simple breakdown:
1) Drunk guys are banging into girls without much remorse. WV resident (who is a Marine and probably back from a real hell hole) tells them not to touch his fiance. Drunk guy begins to mock Marine and his buddy (who wasn't quite there) and I tell him to knock it off.
2) Drunk guy continues his antics and banging into girls. Marine now wants to take him down. I broker the peace by continuing to try to reason with buddy's friend to tell him to chill.
3) Drunk guys leave. Drunk guys come back with yet more beer while throwing there shoulders in my back. I tell them again to knock it off.
4) Continue to broker peace....but it's not easy as my SO leaves (upset) the area not realizing what I am trying to do.
5) Drunk guys leave. Nice couple leave as well before the encore. I am by myself enjoying the evening for the first time. Short lived.
6) Drunk guys come back with both elbowing me in the back and begin to call me every name in the book while facing me and not at the stage.
7) I ignore and just laugh. Mistake. I am now assaulted with beer being poured on me and being pushed.
And that did it. I tell them I am going to buy a cd after the show and I will see them outside. After the show the two are at the merch table continuing to cat call me saying they are going to 'kick my ass'. I am yelling at them 'I will see you downstairs' with the merch guy looking bewildered....And of course, they don't show.
Now this is just a small sampling of the entire evening. I had never seen so many wasted people at a show. Moral of the story, if you are going to get wasted in a public place, make sure you have someone less inebriated so you don't get foolish. I am sure these two were nice dudes just having fun, but no one else enjoyed it.